- Published: 30 April 2021
10 miles – 6th May, 20th May, 17 th June, 15th July, 12th August
25 miles – 3rd June, 1st July, 29th July
For course details
I`m trying to keep these events as normal as possible this year but please read the following.
1. The sign on will be at the start not in the car park. This is to prevent a gathering in the car
park. Please park somewhere on street in Ponteland away from other competitors and come
to the start by bike to sign on and then once you have your start time and number go away
again to warm up and come back to the start with only 5 minutes to spare. Please line up at
the start respecting the current rules on social distancing with fellow competitors and the
time keeper. If you leave something at the start we cannot take responsibility for it and you
must pick it up yourself at the end.
2. You do not need to book in advance this year – its turn up and ride. However, I need to know
that everyone who turns up on the night has read this document and agreed to its terms. To
this end everyone who wants to ride this year needs to register with me before hand. All I
need is an email to say you intend to ride and you`ve read this covid document. You can
provide details of anyone in your family you are responsible for so children don’t need to
send a separate email. You can do this once for the whole year and then if anything changes
Ill email you and tell you. You don’t need to email me for every event. HOWEVER if you turn
up and you`re not registered for these events you wont get a ride I suggest you do it now if
3. Sign on will be on the grass opposite the 10 start or on the grass at the 25 start. Sign on will
close when the race starts (7pm).
4. The subs to ride is £5 per person per night. There will be a bucket to put the money in.
Please try to bring exact money unless you want to pick your change out of the bucket at
your own risk.
5. We will be using the usual sign on sheets and you need to fill in all columns. You need to use
the hand gel provided and bring your own pen.
6. We will be using our proper numbers again this year – you can pick yours up at the sign on.
They will have been washed before the event. Take the top one. If you need pins you have to
bring your own. After the event please return the numbers to the start – there will be a
bucket of soapy water to put them in. I wont be able to check they are all there until after I
get them home. If you don’t return your number on the night you will get a DQ.
7. Results will be posted on the N&DCA website and I`ll email results to everyone on the
registered rider list.
8. “Competitors on entering should be informed that they should not attend if they feel ill in
ANY way especially if they or family members have any symptoms. They should be told that
an elevated resting heart rate or exceptionally quick to react heart rate during warm up can
suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of ANY kind, and that they should DNS and leave
immediately and not go to the start line if they feel this is the case.”
Email me to tell me you want to compete and you`ve read this document. If you are prepared to
marshal one night or know someone who would that would be really helpful too.
ON THE DAY
Bring pins and a pen and £5 and a red rear light.
Return your number.