Search found 211 matches

by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:55 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Message from the Clothing Secretary
Replies: 0
Views: 51

Message from the Clothing Secretary

Apologies if it all seems to have gone a bit quiet on the new club clothing front, but I’m now able to provide an update. I’ve been busy establishing the ordering process and was about to announce arrangements for placing your first order of new club clothing. However, we are currently living in unp...
by Gordon Atkinson
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 am
Topic: COVID-19
Views: 80

COVID-19

I have consulted the Chairman and we have agreed to cancel all club rides until further notice. Events, and government advice, are moving rapidly and we feel this is the only responsible action to take. Go Ride coaching is also cancelled. Decisions regarding other club events and activities will be ...
by Gordon Atkinson
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:44 pm
Topic: A question of social responsibility - updated 16 March
Replies: 5
Views: 206

Re: A question of social responsibility - updated 16 March

Fully agree Keith. I am anticipating some new BC/Cycling UK advice soon. I have seen advice from Cycling Time Trials, but those circumstances are somewhat different from club rides. Watch this space. NB. I don't believe a Tuesday TOGS is planned for tomorrow. Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapat...
by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:09 pm
Forum: Club Rides
Topic: Sunday C3 rides January to April
Replies: 20
Views: 952

Re: Sunday C3 rides January to April

I have a couple of ideas for tomorrow. Will be at Jan's for 9.30.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:05 am

Having been following the weather forecast, I am now also following the public health advice. I propose to go ahead with tomorrow's C3 ride, but not to Bellingham. I'll come up with an alternative later today.

by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Forecast looks reasonable for tomorrow. Risk of showers, but with sunny intervals and a moderate WSW. Lunch stop is Errington on the A68. The route is one I prepared last autumn, but I don't think we got round as planned. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31368191
by Gordon Atkinson
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:08 pm
Topic: Ride London?
Views: 46

Ride London?

The club gets a certain amount of spam emails, most of which I ignore (especially the ones in Cyrillic). I've just had the following, which being a suspicious sort of chap I thought might be a con, but I've looked at the site and it does seem genuine, if anyone is interested. *Your name* Emily Gordo...
by Gordon Atkinson
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 pm
Topic: New Club Kit - an opportunity to try before you buy
Replies: 7
Views: 239

Re: New Club Kit - an opportunity to try before you buy

The 3D models featuring the new club kit have now been finalised. See the article and click on the links to see the models for the Competizione Jersey and Bibshorts.

by Gordon Atkinson
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:02 pm

A reminder that there is no C3 ride in the calendar tomorrow. My thinking was that most of the regulars for this ride would be doing the Audax today. I may try and fit in a short ride from home. If you are out, the Met Office is showing a yellow warning for wind up to 15:00 Sunday, so take care
by Gordon Atkinson
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:53 pm
Topic: Club Rides/Facebook group/Renewals
Views: 51

Club Rides/Facebook group/Renewals

Can I remind members that when we set up the Facebook Group Tyneside Vagabonds (Members Only) Club Rides and Events, the Committee agreed: 'The basic principle behind this proposal is that club rides and events must be detailed on the club’s website calendar with details to include: date, start time...