Search found 237 matches

by Andy Berne
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:25 am
Forum: Midweek Rides
Topic: Tuesday Togs 17/3/20
Replies: 0
Views: 60

Tuesday Togs 17/3/20

Following Government announcements earlier this evening there will be no planned Togs ride on Tuesday
by Andy Berne
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:46 pm
Forum: General
Topic: New Club Kit - an opportunity to try before you buy
Replies: 7
Views: 245

Re: New Club Kit - an opportunity to try before you buy

If you're coming to the Kit fitting session at Merton Hall on Wednesday, I'll bring some tea, coffee and squash. By request of the training ride, I'll also make some Raspberry and White chocolate brownies. All free for anyone attending but if you want to make a donation to the Great North Air Ambula...
by Andy Berne
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:30 pm
Topic: Tuesday Togs 3/3/20
Views: 41

Tuesday Togs 3/3/20

It may be icy in the morning so start delayed until 10am, route to be decided in morning subject to conditions
Andy
by Andy Berne
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:09 am
Topic: Tuesday Togs 250220
Replies: 1
Views: 73

Re: Tuesday Togs 250220

Not going out this morning. Think there’ll be too much ice/packed snow left over from yesterday. It’s frozen at ours.
Take care if you go out
by Andy Berne
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:55 pm
Topic: Tuesday Togs 250220
Replies: 1
Views: 73

Tuesday Togs 250220

Hello All,
I'll hopefully be there tomorrow (25/2), my current thoughts are along the Valley to Fourstones and back over the hill for a café stop at Chollerford, back by 3pm roughly, unless anyone's got any other ideas.
Meet 10am Samms route tbc on the day.
Andy
by Andy Berne
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:20 pm
Topic: Proposed Off-road rides - Postponed Indefinitely
Replies: 12
Views: 508

Re: Disused railways take cyclists to less familiar places

I've ridden most of this route, ideal for a CX bike but most of it is rideable on a road bike in the dry with care in some places, quite a few options for cafe's on the loop. There are some road sections but they're generally quite quiet, may need a few minor adjustments but I'm sure you'll figure i...
by Andy Berne
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 pm
Topic: Tuesday Togs
Replies: 5
Views: 316

Re: Tuesday Togs

Thanks all, I was thinking about the first Tuesday in March but the weather looks really rubbish so it may be the second Tuesday for an away day if the weather ever gets better - I'll keep you updated.
Andy
by Andy Berne
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Re: Tuesday Togs

Question - Would most people prefer to start at different locations most of the time for a change of scenery - routes 45-60 miles Pace C3-4?
Andy
(I hope to be there most Tuesday's and happy to lead from various locations)
by Andy Berne
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Tuesday Togs

From March hopefully the weather will improve but there will definitely be more daylight so looking at a 0930 start for the Tuesday rides and to be back about 4-4.30pm if the weather is okay. (Thursday remains at 10.15 start) Also subject to the weather we'll possibly try and organise some other sta...
by Andy Berne
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:25 am
Forum: General
Topic: Volunteers/Helpers for Events
Views: 250

Volunteers/Helpers for Events

I've now got helpers for Saturday 29th February. Thank you to everyone who's offered to help, it’s really appreciated. If you weren’t able to help this time there will plenty of other opportunities to help at club events this year. The organisers of club events are usually looking for people to help...