Search found 385 matches

by Keith Aungiers
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Test ballot for Club person of the Year
Replies: 2
Views: 300

Re: Test ballot for Club person of the Year

Hi Gordon, I would vote for sausages except that the screen I see will not let me. I saw the screen below at first. I then logged in at which point the voting buttons became active. Instead of making my choice, however, I foolishly clicked on the option 'don't vote, see results' after which the scre...
by Keith Aungiers
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Topic: Do you plan to attend (Virtually) this years AGM?
Replies: 3
Views: 95

Re: Do you plan to attend (Virtually) this years AGM?

Hi Adrian

I am planning to break my rule of 'no meetings' to take part in the AGM. Zoom sounds fine to me although I have never used it before!

Keith
by Keith Aungiers
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 pm
Forum: Saturday Rides
Topic: Saturday Club Rides
Replies: 2
Views: 143

Re: Saturday Club Rides

The rides would not have happened without your determination and organisational skills Adrian. I couldn't get out on the rides but those who did - and the club overall - should be grateful for your perseverance in difficult circumstances.
by Keith Aungiers
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:24 pm
Topic: Against the Wind
Views: 148

Against the Wind

Inspired by Bob Seger, impending lockdown restrictions and the onset of winter, I have been revisiting in my mind the various useful bus and other types of shelter that I used to use in my pre-Vagabond days. These can be handy if you are looking for somewhere to have a picnic lunch, a quick stop to ...
by Keith Aungiers
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:53 pm
Topic: Club-branded Beanies and Caps
Replies: 6
Views: 260

Re: Club-branded Beanies and Caps

Put me down for a Beanie please Ken
by Keith Aungiers
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am
Topic: Green route to Paris
Replies: 0
Views: 80

Green route to Paris

There is an item on L'Avenue Verte in the latest edition of Cycle magazine. The route from London to Paris could be picked up anywhere between London and Newhaven or over La Manche at Dieppe. It would make an interesting post-Covid trip with good rural cycling and the opportunity for some oo la la!....
by Keith Aungiers
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:10 am
Topic: Take care at Blagdon
Views: 420

Re: Take care at Blagdon

Thanks John. They call me Mr Generosity - if not with largesse at least in respect of the actions of other people! I was just happy to be able to be on my way. I have fettled the bike and am waiting for a few bruises/lumps to subside before heading out on the road again.
by Keith Aungiers
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:05 am
Topic: Riding the Alphabet
Replies: 1
Views: 524

Re: Riding the Alphabet

As an alternative for the mid-section:

Glanton-Hepple
Hepple-Ingoe
Ingoe-Juniper

and later:

Rothbury-Snitter
Snitter-Tritlington
Tritlington-Ulgham
by Keith Aungiers
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Topic: Take care at Blagdon
Views: 420

Take care at Blagdon

Take care if you make use of the cycle path that runs south alongside the slip road to the A1 between Stannington Vale and Blagdon Hall. There are a couple of exit/entry roads where you need to look out for cars. I mention this because today - having been that way many times without incident - I was...
by Keith Aungiers
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm
Topic: Giro d'Italia in Welsh
Replies: 0
Views: 296

Giro d'Italia in Welsh

I am really enjoying watching the first stages of this year's Giro, currently still in Sicily. Monreale, Palermo, Agrigento and Enna were all on our itinerary when I visited the island with Alex in 2003. The S4C coverage (free via BBC iplayer) gives great shots of the countryside and towns, great ra...