Vags Hill Climb - This Saturday

What's on, who's riding, and results
Nick Wild

Vags Hill Climb - This Saturday

Post by Nick Wild » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm

The annual Vags HC takes place this Saturday on the climb at Sandhoe :-

https://www.strava.com/segments/16211221

We incorporate it into the Saturday rides and everyone is welcome but you dont have to ride the event to enjoy it.

I will head over there with the signage and be there before 11.30. We usually kick off the racing between 11.30 and 11.45 depending on how soon everyone gets there.

Can I encourage all Saturday rides to head in that direction and have your coffee stop after the event.
Its much more fun if lots of people turn up to shout encouragement and watch the suffering.

Entries are £2 - we dont charge a vags levy - the money made goes to the CTT to pay for the insurance etc.

It would be great if the ride leaders for Saturday could post on here to confirm their plans and agree a suitable coffee stop for the post race debrief.

Can you join the few who have gone under 3 mins or maybe just take part in your first ever bike race and eke out the enjoyment over a longer period.

Gordon Atkinson

Re: Vags Hill Climb - This Saturday

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:52 pm

I have added a general 'Saturday Rides (pre-hill climb)' to the events calendar, leaving the farm at 10.00. I can take a medium (C3 pace) group.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Adam Hogarth

Re: Vags Hill Climb - This Saturday

Post by Adam Hogarth » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Nick,

I'll be at the farm at 10am to take a group if required and help out at the hill climb.

Best Regards,

Adam