Thursday British Cycling National Championships

What's on, who's riding, and results
Nick Wild

Thursday British Cycling National Championships

Post by Nick Wild » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:03 pm

I`m sure most of you will know this weekend is the BC National Championships event on our back door step.

We have some local riders in the time trials on Thursday and the road race on Sunday.

I imagine some of you will be supporting/spectating over the weekend.

I`m hoping to do some timing on Thursday at the u23 ITT (I have a vested interest as Adam is riding). We have been using a program called Raceclocker this year for a couple of our club TTs and for the MTT. Its very easy to use but to get the best out of it requires several people on the course simply pressing the rider number on a screen on their smartphone as the rider goes past. All I need to do is send you an email with the link and you can monitor the race, clock the riders and you get to see all the entries on screen, with live updates on where they are on the course as they pass split points and the live positions through the splits and at the finish. I think it would enhance the spectating a lot to know what is going on.

So far Gordon and Sharon have expressed an interest in helping out. If anyone else is available that would be great. If you dont fancy actually "clocking" but would like a link to the live results to watch during the race thats fine too. I`ll post the link once I know we have enough "clockers". Ideally i would like there to be 5 of us so we can cover 3 spits, the start and finish.

Please let me know if you like the idea, if you would like to help or if you would just like the link to the results. (you dont have to go to follow the race - if this works you could watch the results from home/work if you are interested)

Ken Thursby

Re: Thursday British Cycling National Championships

Post by Ken Thursby » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 am

It's great that we have so many NE riders in the National TT Champs :D
Best of luck to Adam (and Danny Greives, Zeb Kyfin, Harry Tanfield and Miriam Jesset). And Sophie Enever in the ladies RR.
I had been planning to attend and shout my loudest encouragement for Adam and Miriam, but I can no longer make it... I shall be watching the coverage at work via the BC web page instead, multi-tasking :lol: . Please can you send me a Race Clocker Link for the live updates.

It will be interesting to compare the lap times of our local hitters to the lap times being put down by the pro's like Alex Dowsett and Steve Cummins :ugeek:

Cheers, Ken