Thursdays club TT 25 miles

What's on, who's riding, and results
Nick Wild

Thursdays club TT 25 miles

Post by Nick Wild » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Business as usual this Thursday, first 25 miler of the season. Weather looks good and no roadworks anticipated. Please respond if you need any more details.

Lesley Bennett

Re: Thursdays club TT 25 miles

Post by Lesley Bennett » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 pm

..........and can the slower people (aka me!) have a chance to sign on first, otherwise it could be a long night! :o

Ken Thursby

Post by Ken Thursby » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:49 am

Thank you Nick and all those helping to run the TT, and for getting the results out so quickly.
I love the split times... looking at my data and comparing to the splits, I can see where I have opportunity to go faster in the last quarter... next time! :D

Jack Earl and Miriam Jesset were on the course taking photo's... they are excellent, thank you both!
The photos are on Facebook "Northumberland and durham cycling association" page... they are great for feedback to make position adjustments so you can go faster next time.

Congrats to Matty Wells for a superb ride, PB and Jr record... AWESOME!
One last mention... congrats to Martin Rassmussen who overtook Adam Wild! Martin was on a motorbike and was seen drafting Adam before he passed :lol:

Roger Clarke

Post by Roger Clarke » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:25 pm

In addition to Nick's comments on performances, Matty also set the outright under 16 club 25 record by just 8 seconds, so I'm afraid Adam Hogarth lost two records in one there! Great riding.

The Vets BAR tables are now up to date on the website.

The split times certainly make for interesting reading. Very close battle between me and Russ all the way round judging by the timings - incredible to be so evenly matched on each sector. Shame there isn't a two-up TT for us to enter!

Nick Wild

Post by Nick Wild » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Its also been pointed out to me that Lesley Bennett`s ride is a new ladies v50 record by over one and a half minutes. Congratulations.
Clearly several riders have been working hard over the winter to raise their game and its really paying dividends now.
If anyone else thinks they have a record claim keep me posted.