MTT 13th May '18

What's on, who's riding, and results
Ken Thursby

MTT 13th May '18

Post by Ken Thursby » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am

What a fantastic event!
Well organised, great atmosphere and a superb buffet... even the weather turned out to be cracking.
It really is the best TT in the North East :D
Many thanks to Gordon and his team who made it all possible.

Cheers, Ken

Austin Wilcock

Re: MTT 13th May '18

Post by Austin Wilcock » Mon May 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Yes Ken it was a great event and Gordon deserves most of the credit he worked really hard to ensure the event went ahead.
Goes without saying that the time keepers and Nick as co-ordinator deserve a big shout out and all the marshals too.
Fred deserves a special mention for keeping me straight on the pushing off duties.
And as always the buffet was top notch.
Finally a special mention must go to the legendary Jack Earl for taking the photos of all the riders.

Michelle Wright

Post by Michelle Wright » Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 am

Great day as usual! I haven't managed much cycling in the past few years but I always enjoy catching up with people at the MTT and helping out. One of the riders brought his mum along to help with the buffet and she was fab.

Lots of positive comments from the riders - makes me proud to be a Vag :D

Gordon Atkinson

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Many thanks for those kind words, they are very much appreciated. Can I add my own thanks to everyone who helped to make this a great day-the marshals and other helpers out on the roads, and those who put on a fantastic buffet. Also thanks to the riders who had to deal with a very late decision to start the race from Scots Gap, and all did so with good grace. A fantastic turnout from the Vagabonds-11 of our members taking part, with the top three forming the second fastest team in the race. As Michelle says, we got a lot of positive comments on the day and I have received a number of positive messages. The club certainly came out of the day with a lot of credit. I do hope that NCC can make some progress on repairing the road between Belsay and Scots Gap so that we can return the race to the classic course next year.

Richard Knight

Post by Richard Knight » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Just wanted to add my thanks to all involved and a special thank you to Gordon for organising the whole thing. Nick and the technology has great potential going forward and makes for more excitement all round. A great day and a real credit to the club from organisation to participation. Until next year!!