100 mile TT 2018

What's on, who's riding, and results
Mark Reed

100 mile TT 2018

Postby Mark Reed » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 am

I've decided not to promote a 100 mile time trial in 2018, for various reasons but mainly because I haven't got a lot of time to put towards it currently, and I don't expect that to change next year. Whether I pick it up again in 2019 will be a matter of whether some other person or club in the district has taken it on or not and wishes to continue, and whether I am able to again.

If anyone in the club would like to have a go at the event sec job, please let me know asap. I'd be happy to provide any advice needed to do so. If there's no interest in the club I will let members of other clubs know via facebook to see if any other club wishes to do it, probably by the weekend as the district AGM/ date-fixing meeting is next Tuesday 3rd October.

So, if you're interested, please have a think and let me know this week. :thumbup:

Thanks
Mark

Roger Clarke

Re: 100 mile TT 2018

Postby Roger Clarke » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:01 am

Mark, just wanted to say thank you for organising this event for quite a number of years now. It's a difficult job putting on such a long event and persuading people to give up so much of their time as well as doing all the running around on the day.

I hope the event does go ahead next year as you've been successful in raising the popularity of what was generally thought to be a dying distance in the north east. It would be a shame if it was lost now.

Roger Clarke

Re: 100 mile TT 2018

Postby Roger Clarke » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm

I've received the following email from the district CTT events secretary to let us know that no-one from the district has come forward to organise the 100 next year. So this is the last chance for anyone to come forward to keep the event on for next year... if anyone is tempted then I can pass on Peter's contact details.

As you may know from the Date Fixing Meeting, there was nobody/no club volunteered to organise this event in 2018. The proposal would be to organise the event on the same 4 lap course based on Longhirst. This course only requires approx. 10 marshals.

The date that is reserved for this event is Sunday, 2nd September, 2016.

This email is to appeal to all clubs in the District and hoping that one of you will volunteer to organise the event. It would be a pity to lose it. We only have until the end of this week for someone to come forward because I must have our 2018 NE District Events Details sent to CTT this weekend.

If anyone is prepared to volunteer, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Peter