Club 10 mile TT champs - 15th June

What's on, who's riding, and results
Roger Clarke

Club 10 mile TT champs - 15th June

Postby Roger Clarke » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Thursday 15th sees the club 10 mile tt champs, which follows immediately after the North East Youth Championships.

A few points to highlight, hence the early post on the subject!

Firstly, the North East Youth Champs starts at 19.01 and there are 16 riders (start list available here https://www.tynevags.org.uk/the-club/ti ... sheet-2017). Consequently the club tt will start from rider number 21 at 19.21. So be aware that if you rush to sign on at 6pm then you will have a long wait for your start!

Secondly, there are club medals to be won for the fastest three men, women, junior boys, junior girls, under 16 boys and under 16 girls (those riding in the youth champs count for the club champs as well). Last year we didn't have a single female rider in the club champs! I know there are quite a lot of women in the club, all of whom can ride 10 miles, and this event is a great time to come and have a go even if you haven't ridden one before. Now I realise there may be one or two fairly fast ladies in the club, but they didn't ride last year either and you have to be in it to win it, so come on ladies come and have a go!

Finally, with it being the youth champs, we need a couple of extra marshals. We are sorted for timekeepers but I need someone to push off the riders at the start, five marshals on the course and someone to spot the numbers for the finish timekeeper - any volunteers by reply here or by email greatly appreciated.

Nick Wild

Re: Club 10 mile TT champs - 15th June

Postby Nick Wild » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:34 pm

I'll be there. Happy to take numbers or any other job as required.

Hugh Harrison

Postby Hugh Harrison » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 am

I'm available Roger

Alan Holmes

Postby Alan Holmes » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:56 pm

i will be there

Gordon Atkinson

Postby Gordon Atkinson » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:25 pm

So will I. I can do the usual Ogle Lane end, or one of the additional marshal points.

Austin Wilcock

Postby Austin Wilcock » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm available to push off or marshal
:D

Roger Clarke

Postby Roger Clarke » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks everyone. So far I've got:
Pushing off - Austin
Kirkley Hall - Hugh
Ogle - Alan and Nick
Belsay junction - Gordon and Bob
Number spotting - I can cover this for the GHS riders but could do with an extra helper for the club tt riders

Timekeeping I have Ray and Sharon

We need someone to do the signing on in the car park for the club tt riders.

Looks like a decent forecast for Thursday so if anyone else fancies a pedal out then someone to spot numbers at the finish and an extra marshal or two is always welcome.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

Kevin Sorlie

Postby Kevin Sorlie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Many thanks to all the volunteers tonight in what was a pretty grim night to be stood around.

A friend of mine who did his first TT this evening would also like to thank all involved in setting up the event...think he was the only rider to actually enjoy it tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Clarke

Postby Roger Clarke » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Belated thanks to everyone who got soaked helping with the North East Youth champs and club tt on Thursday. As Kev said, a pretty grim night to be standing marshalling, timekeeping or pushing off. Worth a namecheck I think, so thank you to Ray Luckett, Austin Wilcock, Hugh Harrison, Alan Holmes, Tim Irwin, Gordon Atkinson, Bob Holywell, Nick Wild and Sharon Dyson.

Hope to be able to publish the Youth Champs result this evening and then update the BAR tables etc.