Club Rides/Facebook group/Renewals

General discussion
Gordon Atkinson

Club Rides/Facebook group/Renewals

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Can I remind members that when we set up the Facebook Group Tyneside Vagabonds (Members Only) Club Rides and Events, the Committee agreed: 'The basic principle behind this proposal is that club rides and events must be detailed on the club’s website calendar with details to include: date, start time, expected finish time, distance, lunch/café stop (where appropriate), pace, contact; the Forum can be used to provide any supplementary information that is available (e.g. route description and/or link to GPX file), or late changes, including cancellation. The website calendar and Forum will remain the primary channels for communication, so that no member is disadvantaged if they choose not to have a Facebook account, or choose not to join the Group.' I think it is unnecessary to put details of ad hoc rides in the calendar, but if anyone is arranging club rides on the Facebook Group please remember to also include the basic details on the Forum. The Forum has been very active in recent weeks, so please everyone continue to use it.

Can I also remind anyone who has not renewed their membership for the current year, that you have until the end of this month to renew without incurring a late payment fee. Everyone (apart from new members joining after 1 September 2019) should have received email reminders. If you are having problems renewing via the membership system, please contact Alan: membership@tynevags.org.uk

Yesterday provided a welcomed slight improvement in the weather this month and it was good to see so many riders at Jan's setting off in two groups in what were still challenging conditions. I've already started looking at the weather forecast for next Sunday, when the first two of Andy's Audax events take place.