Adventures to cyclocross masters world championships

General discussion
Pete Hodgson

Adventures to cyclocross masters world championships

Post by Pete Hodgson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Just got back from an amazing weekend of racing in Belgium and Holland.
On Saturday I took part in the cyclocross masters world championships 40-44 age category. This was held just out side Mol on a circuit at zilvermeer which runs around a big lake. The course was brutal with lots of deep sand running. Such a great experience riding with some of the best in world including many Belgium and Dutch ex professional riders. On the day I finished 36th. Then quickly had a beer to celebrate.
On Sunday we traveled into Holland for the GP Destil. This we thought was quite a low level race, couldn’t have got that more wrong.
We arrived at sign on to be told as international guests of the race there was no sign on fee. We were then given a packet of stroop waffles each as a gift for attending there race.
For me the race didn’t go to plan due to mechanical issues and unfortunately a DNF. Lessons learnt don’t try and change tubeless tyres in frozen field an hour before you race.
Still a great experience though and our race was eventually won by multi Tour de France stage winner, newly crowned world champion Erik Dekker.
Topp smakkers ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pete Hodgson on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger Clarke

Re: Adventures to cyclocross masters world championships

Post by Roger Clarke » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Top stuff Pete, 36th is an excellent result. Photos make it look like you dropped everyone!

Maybe you didn't have the same 'preparation' as Eric Dekker!

Pete Hodgson

Re: Adventures to cyclocross masters world championships

Post by Pete Hodgson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Roger Clarke wrote:Top stuff Pete, 36th is an excellent result. Photos make it look like you dropped everyone!

Maybe you didn't have the same 'preparation' as Eric Dekker!

Maybe adding this one will prove I had definitely not dropped everyone. Did beat him in the end though.
The way Erik Dekker was riding it certainly looked like he got his preparation just right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk