Club Captain/Vice Captains

General discussion
Gordon Atkinson

Club Captain/Vice Captains

Post by Gordon Atkinson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 am

I mentioned in the Newsletter the other day that we need a Club Captain. A few of us having been knocking ideas around and we have a nomination for the post. We also feel it would be useful to have a small number of Vice Captains to support the Captain generally, but to specifically coordinate categories of ride on certain days. We have had some good momentum built around the Saturday rides over the summer and would like to see this throughout the club's various rides.

Although the demand for WAGs rides has changed from what it was a few years ago, it would be great if at least one of the Vice Captains is a women. It would be ideal if we could have volunteers sorted by the time of the AGM (19 November). I don't expect that this will be an onerous task, but would help enormously to build on the current momentum. The role definition for both Captain and Vice Captains is, although aimed primarily at the Captain's role: https://www.tynevags.org.uk/the-club/cl ... ub-captain

If anyone would like to be a VC (there needn't be a limit on numbers), particularly from the women members, please let me know.