Coquetdale Circuit Audax

General discussion
Lynda Parkin

Coquetdale Circuit Audax

Post by Lynda Parkin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Just like to take this opportunity to thank Andy B for organising yet another highly successful audax today. Andy’s attention to detail in every respect is flawless. I know he couldn’t achieve this without a strong back up team so many thanks also to Mrs Berne and her friend at Eglingham, Margie, Cliff, Matthew, Hugh, Tania, and of course the lovely Kath and Brian.
It was also great to be part of such a supportive group of Vagabonds out on the ride- thank you. There’s no doubt in my mind that we are the friendliest club!
Last edited by Lynda Parkin on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike james

Re: Coquetdale Circuit Audax

Post by Mike james » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:30 pm

I will second that! The Middle Marches was also great route - thank you Andy and all the wonderful volunteers (adding Matt to that list above)!
Definitely recommend one of these Audaxs!!

(Also, (a lot) amazing food! Don't let Andy foul you when he says there won't be much food :lol: )

Becci

Matthew Cunningham

Post by Matthew Cunningham » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Thank you all for riding, that's part of what makes volunteering such fun. Great Day.
Oh yes and not forgetting Andy for organising it !

Andy Berne

Post by Andy Berne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:26 am

Thank you to everyone involved in this and the previous events the club has run over the summer.
Those who rode it and made it worthwhile running, great to see lots of club members riding and we all appreciated all the positive comments.
Everyone who helped, I hope you enjoyed it and I couldn't have done it without you and I know the riders really appreciated your help and support.
The cafe's pubs we used as controls, The Hemmel at Allenheads, The Forge at Allendale, Simonburn Tea rooms and the Rose and Thistle at Alwinton - if you stopped there on an Audax, then next time you're in tell them you rode the Audax event and wanted to come back, it helps the goodwill with the cafe's and pub. Apparently the Rose and Thistle Sunday lunch is worth going for, it's on my to do list.
I'm in the process of sorting out a list of events for next year from March until September. This will include running this years events again but with some new and hopefully equally good events as well. They're mainly based out of Merton Hall but I'm also planning two dates starting at Hallbankgate, near Brampton and three mid week dates in the North Pennines. More details once everything is finalised.
Thanks again.
Andy

Keith Briggs

Post by Keith Briggs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Thanks to Andy for the excellent organisation, the volunteers for their smiling faces and encouragement and the other riders whose support kept me going to the end of my first Audax. I may even come back for more!
Dawn

John Buswell

Post by John Buswell » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:32 pm

My first (of many , I hope)Audax! Absolutely loved it, and thanks to Andy and all helpers. The Coquetdale route was stunning and the organisation faultless. V Impressed.
John

Andy Berne

Post by Andy Berne » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm in the process of finalising a list of events for next year. I'll post them on the forum and Facebook page once they are finalised.
In the meantime any queries please contact me.
Andy Berne