Cyclocross events.

General discussion
Graham Tubby

Cyclocross events.

Postby Graham Tubby » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Well, the nights are drawing in, the heating's on and that can only mean one thing, its 'cross season.
Once again the Vags are organising 2 events. Round 5 of NECCL (north east cyclocross league) on Saturday 11th of November and round 10 of CXNE (cyclocross north east) on Sunday 17th of December. Both of these events require a number of volunteers, sign on, marshals etc on the day to ensure they run smoothly. Any help is appreciated so if you're available and would like to lend a hand (and get to see some first class 'cross racing) just let me know by replying to this post or get in touch.
Many thanks

Mark Reed

Re: Cyclocross events.

Postby Mark Reed » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:56 am

Hi Graham,

Happy to help out picking kit up and dropping off and returning for CXNE (got a big empty van now). Also course setting if I can make it, am down for assistant comm on the day so I'll be there anyway.

Likewise for the NECCL, so just let me know what needs doing, and happy to help out on the day. :thumbup:

Mark

Alan Holmes

Postby Alan Holmes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:01 pm

I will be here for the CXNE event.
Not sure about the NECCL event

Graham Tubby

Postby Graham Tubby » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks Mark and Alan, I'll be in touch.

Ritchie Case

Postby Ritchie Case » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi Graham, i'll be around for the first event so happy to lend a hand
there's nee hills in Gateshead

Graham Tubby

Postby Graham Tubby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Organise a cross race they said, it’ll be fun they said, what’s the worst that can happen? Well apart from a massive start line pile up in the adults race I think it went ok. This is due to a small army of Vags who gave up their spare time to help out.
So here goes, many thanks to Bob for helping set out the course on Friday. On the day we had Caroline, Katherine and Nicola on sign on. Mark and Ritchie were the level headed number catchers helped by Jason and Caroline. Marshalling and others general duties were carried out by Richard, Liam (who also raced!), Joe, Peter, Rob and Callum. Some of the team were helping out having been there early for Go Ride coaching. If I’ve missed anyone I’m very sorry.
Thanks everyone.

Richard Wills

Postby Richard Wills » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:52 am

No worries Graham, better the pile up was there than in the woods! All the racers looked and sounded pretty pleased with the course so well done to you and Bob. See you next weekend.