Anyone fancy Coast to Cost to Coast - Aug 26/27?

General discussion
alex buckthorp

Anyone fancy Coast to Cost to Coast - Aug 26/27?

Postby alex buckthorp » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello fellow Vagabonds, fancy joining us for a summer challenge?
Adrian Snell and I are organizing a C2C2C trip going from Tynemouth early on Saturday 26th August and after several of café stops getting to Whitehaven much later that day.
We plan to stay over at Whitehaven that night (there is a premier inn there which seems to have quite a few rooms and we have both booked one each for the night of the 26th), and return to Tynemouth the next day (27th) with yet more café stops.
We are organizing a support vehicle to carry bags and incase anyone needs assistance on route. (size will depend on numbers so possibly it will involve hiring a van for a the support driver).
The route will depend a bit on the group that fancy it (roughly 140miles each way), but likely as direct as possible on the way back given legs will be tired. Pace should be steady medium...its a long way so no racing...and as said likely slower on the way back for obvious reasons.
All club members who would enjoy it and are free that bank holiday weekend just post on this or message either Adrian or I so we can get an idea of numbers...and it is a bank holiday weekend so we would recommend you think about booking the premier inn or an alternative in Whitehaven sooner rather than later if you want to come along.
Thanks for reading,
Alex

Adrian Snell

Re: Anyone fancy Coast to Cost to Coast - Aug 26/27?

Postby Adrian Snell » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Good Evening Vag's,

Just a quick reminder about the above ride.

Can anyone interested make themselves known, the details are virtually as above. I'd like to reiterate that this is not a race and we will ride at a pace that suits the group, but it will be a tough couple of days down to the mileage needed to complete.

Please contact either Alex or myself so we know final numbers.

Cheers
A

Richard Paisley

Postby Richard Paisley » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Adrian Snell wrote:Good Evening Vag's,

Just a quick reminder about the above ride.

Can anyone interested make themselves known, the details are virtually as above. I'd like to reiterate that this is not a race and we will ride at a pace that suits the group, but it will be a tough couple of days down to the mileage needed to complete.

Please contact either Alex or myself so we know final numbers.

Cheers
A

Hi Alex,
Have you had any takers? How many are doing it so far? I might be interested.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin Wright

Postby Martin Wright » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi All

Yes, I'm planning to do it. I've booked the Premier Inn. I might have to meet you at Wide Open or Ponteland but we can sort those arrangements out closer to the time.

Regards
Martin