Chaingang Rides 2018

Chris Heppell

Chaingang Rides 2018

Post by Chris Heppell » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 pm

All, once the Winter training rides finish, (last planned ride is March 24th), I plan to organise some "Quentin" Style chaingangs.
Unfortuneately Quentin won't be riding with us this year but he provided some great experience in running these, most recently in 2016.
My initial plan is one a month starting in April and running through until Sept if we have enough participants.

More details will follow nearer the time. If you've any questions/queries feel free to post or message me.

Cheers Chris

Ken Thursby

Re: Chaingang Rides 2018

Post by Ken Thursby » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Excellent, I'm up for these Chris.
Thanks for organising them.
For Vags who haven't tried chaingangs before, they are a lot of fun and a great way to improve your efficiency in group riding... highly recommended... give it a try 8-)

Austin Wilcock

Post by Austin Wilcock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Sounds great, will there be an oap option!? :lol:

John Addison

Post by John Addison » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Chris
Sounds great but Is this suitable for new members of advancing years (not so fast) to gain more group riding skills or is it for the more experienced members
If their is enough interest Perhaps we could do both!!
cheers

Chris Heppell

Post by Chris Heppell » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi John,

In the form I am referring to it isn't a suitable environment to gain more group riding skills. Experience and good group riding skills are a pre-requisite to riding these chaingangs. Couple of youtube links below to previous rides, gives a good view of what they entail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qio8_BjIrOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sZYwqZP6Gw

If there is demand in the club I am happy to host a few coaching sessions and short rides to assist new members in learning group riding skills. I've done this a few times in the past and they have proven helpful.
Seperately from coaching sessions there is nothing to stop us running a few slower chaingangs which concentrate on riding skills. I have considered doing these on a midweek evening once we have light evenings.

I'll post something shortly on these subjects and see what interest there is.

Cheers Chris