Update on 2019 Audax events

What's on, who's riding
Andy Berne

Update on 2019 Audax events

Post by Andy Berne » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:23 am

We've had a much more successful year than we originally budgeted for and most of the events made a profit, so the club have donated £1500 (most of the profits) to the Great North Air Ambulance Service Charity.
Some of you have donated to the collection tins for the charity we have at the event as well, because you wanted to, didn't think we'd charged enough for the entry fee or the cake was worth it. The donations from the collections totalled £131.96, which we've also sent to the charity.
We ran 23 events in total this year and while we aim to just cover our costs and just break even, the popularity of a lot of the events meant we made a lot more profit than expected. It's not a huge profit per event but over 23 events it all mounts up.
A big thank you to all the volunteers who freely gave their time and support for helping, Merton Hall and the other venues for their support, particularly the Belted Will Inn at Hallbankgate who very kindly and unexpectedly hugely reduced the bill for your post ride meal as a donation to the charity.
Most importantly thank you for helping and entering, your suffering/enjoyment helped a great cause. If you did enter and decide not to start on one of the several days when I got the weather wrong at least you can feel you've done something for a good cause - next year just remember "it's an Audax - get on with it!"
I'll publish next years calendar in the near future together with dates when I need helpers. See you in 2020
Andy