GET YOUR ENTRY IN - Across the Ranges Audax Event - Saturday 28 July 2018

What's on, who's riding
Andy Berne

GET YOUR ENTRY IN - Across the Ranges Audax Event - Saturday 28 July 2018

Post by Andy Berne » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:55 am

Next Audax Event (long Distance Challenge) is the 'Across the Ranges' ride on Saturday 28 July 2018.
Starts from Merton Hall at 8am.
The route is 151km with controls at Simonburn, Otterburn Ranges, and a couple of other places you have to pass through. If you want an extra food or drink stop you will also be able to stop at Bellingham or Rothbury or there's a couple of pubs along the route.
The route in summary goes west from Ponteland, through Simonburn to Whygate, before heading north across Troughend Common before heading East 'Across the Ranges' to Pauperhaugh where the route then goes south and back to Ponteland.
Entries are now approaching half the available places so before I circulate this to a wider audience this is just to advise Vags members if you want to ride it please get your entry in soon and don't leave it to the last minute and risk being disappointed. Entries are limited.
If you're not sure what an Audax event is please ask me or if you're a little daunted, and there's no need to be, ask one of the riders who did the Three Valleys or Four Tops events. It's not a race just take it at your own Pace, quite a few of the club rode round together and treated it as a slightly longer club ride. If you've heard storeis about steep climbs on the Ranges this route goes quite a gentle way across. There's also the attraction of the brand new road surface on most of the Whygate loop.
Link to Audax UK website for entries www.aukweb.net/events/detail/18-284/
If you have questions or need any more inforamtion please contact me
Andy Berne
Email andy@dixonberne.plus.com
Tel 07875224229
Or follow the Tyneside Vagabonds Audax Events Facebook Page.

Austin Wilcock

Re: GET YOUR ENTRY IN - Across the Ranges Audax Event - Saturday 28 July 2018

Post by Austin Wilcock » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reminder Andy, entry now in, really looking forward to the ride.

Andy Berne

Re: GET YOUR ENTRY IN - Across the Ranges Audax Event - Saturday 28 July 2018

Post by Andy Berne » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Entries are now over half full - if you're intending to enter this I would recommend getting your entry in to avoid being disappointed.
Any queries please contact me.
Andy Berne