The Club Run is going on tour next year and I wanted to give everyone some advance notice, because we're headed a bit further afield than usual: Scotland to be more precise so we can have a go at Bealach na Bà. Some bits and pieces of the details below may change, but the idea, and the dates, are fixed.
Temporally, we're also on tour: the ride will take place on a Saturday. Amongst the sample group, this was definitely the preference, mainly because it would be possible to drive up to Inverness on the Friday evening and thus not require a day off work.
For those who have never heard of it, Bealach na Bà is one of the biggest single climbs in Britain and something that I've been looking at for a while as an away day. Some stats on the climb itself can be found here:
I've put together a route for the day, which is just shy of 80 miles long and, other than Bealach na Bà in the middle of it, essentially just undulating. The plan for the cafe stop would be in Applecross, which is both about half awy around and just after we've descended from the top of Bealach na Bà, so we'll have done the big effort for the3 day. You can have a look at the (technically provisional) route here:
The Plan is as follows:
- Drive up to Inverness on Friday, June 1st and stay overnight (hotel to be finalised, but likely to be a Premier Inn, or somesuch).
- Early-ish start on Saturday morning to head across to Kinlochewe for wheels away at the usual 0930
- (Possibly) have something to eat in Kinlochewe when we get back, or, alternatively...
- Head back to Inverness
- Beer (or other beverage of choice)
- Return home on the Sunday
So, who's in?
We'd check in on Friday, June 1st and check out on Sunday, June 3rd.
If you'd like to sort out room, or travel, sharing, please feel free to do that amongst yourselves...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest